Current Mailing Address

Current Mailing Address

Elder Howard Derek McKeon
Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Acu, 229
Belenzinho
03171-020 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Monday, June 24, 2013

Transfers

Hey everyone,

Well another transfer has gone by and it went by so fast.

(The missionaries were able to take a tour of the Sao Paulo churches on their last P-day)

We usually get a call from our District leaders Monday night where they tell us if we are going to stay or leave the area. Well, that's what we were expecting, but last night, President Ferrin gave us a call. He tells Elder Haskell that he will be transferred because he has already been here in Camargo Novo for about 5 months. Then President asks to talk to me. I get the phone and he tells me that I will get another senior companion (which I was a little disappointed about because I feel I am ready to be a senior companion), but he told me that I would get this Argentinian elder who needs some help and that I would be the senior companion, just without the title. President told me that I need to help him, so whatever President says, I do. So, I will help this new elder the best I can. I am excited for another adventure here on the Mission!

(Elder McKeon feeding a deserted horse)

We were challenged by our Stake President this week. He asked us to visit 5 inactive families in our ward and try  to bring them back. In an effort to reach that goal, we found this lady, Meire, and she has been inactive for what seemed like awhile, so we talked to her and she said that she would come to Church. As we were waiting out front for our other investigators, we looked down the road and saw her walking towards the Church! As she came in, we shook her hand and said thanks for coming. Then, out of no where, we hear a sister from the Church yell "Não acredito!!! (I dont believe it!)" The sister just runs to Meire and throws her arms around her and starts balling! I almost started to cry, because after walking all the way out to Meire's house (which is far), and the whole time it took to convince her to come back to Church was worth it when I saw that huge act of love for a friend. It was such a  great and powerful testimony for me and it made it all worth it.

(More pictures from the tour)

We also baptized Nelson this past Sunday. It was great! We were getting everything ready and he wanted Elder Haskell to baptize him so we had to look for jumpsuits that would fit Elder Haskell, but there was only one and it wasn't really that big. It was too short, I dont know if you can see it in the picture, but it was the funniest thing ever. 

(Nelson and his mother)

As Nelson was in the water about to be baptized his mom, Neuza, (who is the cutest little old lady in the world who we call vóvó or grandma) starts to cry and then Nelson starts to cry and I ALMOST lost it, but I kept it together. Trust me I did! It was such a great experience that we could help him be baptized with his mom and that they can now return to our Heavenly Father and live together for eternity! 

(Nelson's baptism)

Overall, it was a great week and we have more people to help this next week. I love being busy. It's so great being out here!

(Elder McKeon in front of the church they visited)

Don't worry about the riots here. They started because Brasil raised the price to use the bus, or Metrô, It was already 3 reais ($1.50 in U.S.) and they bumped it up to 3.20, which was ridiculous. We were in the Metrô last Monday when all of the sudden like 2,000 people showed up in the tunnel, all screaming, shouting, and pushing. Haskell and I were right in the middle of it, but I'm find and totally safe.

Anyways, have a great week and I love you guys so much!

Love,

Elder McKeon

No comments:

Post a Comment