Current Mailing Address

Current Mailing Address

Elder Howard Derek McKeon
Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Acu, 229
Belenzinho
03171-020 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Monday, June 3, 2013

A Tiny Miracle

Hey everybody!

Sorry about not sending pictures lately, the place where we use computers is a little sketchy, so I will send them when it gets better, okay?

I'm glad that summer is finally ENDING here and showing up back home. It is really hot walking all day in Church clothes with a back pack talking to a million different people, so I'm thankful for the cooler weather.

This past week wasn't as hard as last week. 

We didn't have the baptism that we wanted because Nelson had to work. I swear, by the end of this month, he WILL be baptized. He really wants to be baptized, but his schedule is so unpredictable. So, he wasn't baptized, but he will this Sunday.

We had a little miracle this past week. There is this girl Leticía who is the girlfriend of a member here in our Ward named Lucas. When I first saw them in Church, I thought that HE was the investigator and that SHE was the member. It was the opposite. Haskell told me that she was an "eterno" (eternal). In our mission, if someone goes to Church more than 4 times without being baptized, they turn into an "eterno." That's what she is because she has some troubles at home or something I guess. We stopped by Lucas' house to see if she would be baptized. She told us that she knew that Livro de Mórmon is true and that the Church is true too. Then she told us that she wants to be baptized. We asked if she would be baptized that Sunday. She said that she REALLY needed to know if this was all true. I told her that if she REALLY wanted to know, then she couldn't ask us, Lucas, or anyone else. She needs to pray and really gain that testimony for herself and the only way that she was going to get that was through talking to her Heavenly Father about it. 

We tried to go back and see if she had prayed about it and we stopped by 2 or 3 times and she wasn't there because there was a Holiday down here in Brasil and they were gone. 

So, we stopped by on Saturday and they were there! We were sitting down and there was a lot of stuff going on in the house... everyone was doing something and Lucas and her were having a HUGE fight. They were yelling at each other to shut up and to leave and get out of their lives and there was me and Haskell just trying to hide ourselves because it was super awkward! I was praying for a quiet moment to try and talk to her and it happened for like 40 seconds. She told Lucas to leave, so I jumped at the opportunity. It was quiet. No one was shouting. I asked her about the prayer. She just got quiet, looked at the ground and then looked up and said,"I know its all true, I want to be baptized...." I just wanted to jump up and scream. It was amazing! I was so happy and then after that small moment, there was yelling again and awkwardness so we left. For that small moment she really felt the Spirit as did we all and it was amazing! So, I am so grateful for miracles!!!

I am sorry to cut this email kind of short, but I am running late for an appointment and I will talk to you guys next week! I love you all!

Love,


Elder McKeon

No comments:

Post a Comment