Current Mailing Address

Current Mailing Address

Elder Howard Derek McKeon
Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Acu, 229
Belenzinho
03171-020 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Monday, June 17, 2013

Stake Conference

Hey everyone,

Mom, it sounds like you had a great time at Girls camp...for the 22nd time. Dad, I hope you had a great Father's WEEK just relaxing, watching golf, and eating sweet and sour meatballs. I miss those so much...

(Elder McKeon ironing a sheet for a Church movie night)

This past Sunday we had Stake Conference and it was great. We had President Ferrin speak with Sister Ferrin and then we had a member from the Seventy there, Presidente Petla. It was so great to hear them speak and when Sister Ferrin got up and started to give her talk, the first thing she said was,"Today, in the U.S., it's Father's Day." All the Americans in our Zone just sat up straight and we all looked at each other and said, "It's Father's day?" I'm thinkin of you, I just forgot the day we have Father's day. Anyways, it was a super great conference and we had so many people there. It was great to see the members make the sacrifice to show up and hear the great words of our leaders and how we can apply those principles in our lives.

(Yasmin and Isabelle, they eat whip cream off their hands, so Elder McKeon and Elder Haskell joined them.)

Unfortunately, we didn't have any new people there to watch it. It was kind of frustrating. We went out to call one of them and asked where she was and she told us that she was ON THE WAY TO THE CONFERENCE AND SHE GOT INTO AN ACCIDENT. I was sooooooooo mad. She was on the way and got hit by a car and then had to go to the mechanic because she had to get the car fixed as soon as possible. I was so ticked. She is fine though and she is going to be baptized this Sunday along with Nelson.

(Elder McKeon with a Brazilian family)

It was a crazy week, but I'm super sorry I'm running out of money on my computer and I'll write a longer letter next week. It's also transfers next week, this one FLEW BY. I hope all is well with you guys.

Love,

Elder McKeon

No comments:

Post a Comment