Current Mailing Address

Current Mailing Address

Elder Howard Derek McKeon
Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Acu, 229
Belenzinho
03171-020 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Friday, September 14, 2012

Second week in the CTM

This is Elder McKeon's email from this last week.  He is doing great and loves the missionaries he is serving with!




Oi Everybody!!
How's everyone doin tonight??? Just kidding! Its been another awesome week here at the CTM and I love it!!! All of your support is sooo inspiring I can't even stand it!  Hmmmm where to start?? I'll just talk and you can decide when to shut me up. Everything is going awesome! I was a little sick last week towards the end but I did what my mom taught me to do: drink an enormous amount of water, take a really hot shower, and to suck it up you're being a wussy kinda thing.... Just kidding! I am fine now and am having the time of my life! My companions and I are working sooooo hard! And I am getting better and better at Portuguese, which means my English is getting worse and worse, my teacher says that I am the best one in the class!! That was a huge boost!!  But yes Dad, we get to go to the temple every P-day and the first time we went I was asked to be part of a sealing, and today I was asked to do a baptism after our session! So I've basically done everything I can do in the Temple without getting married!! But its such a great and beautiful temple, i think it might be my favorite..... the jury is still out on that one.... But yes I do my laundry, make my bed and got my haircut mom!!! I am the perfect little boy that you never had in high school!! But its great down here! My teachers are awesome and I love my district! There are about 13 of us in our district (which is big down here) and we all love each other and hang out when we aren't learning. 
Carlie and Porter:
I did get a letter from Sis. Lysenko!!! She seems to be having the time of her life down in Curtiba and gave me all of these wonderful tips about the CTM.  It was very nice of her. I hope that work and school won't kill you both!!! Sorry not a whole lot of time! I love you and miss you! keep me posted on everything in your lives!!!
Dad:
Did you not get the thing I sent you about Mission Ties? i think that is the better route to take. I received my mission call March 27, 2012 and I had my ward at BYU there with me and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life! we had a devotional here Tuesday night and we had a speaker talk about "are you ready to be someones hero?" It was a fantastic talk and he said something i will never forget: "you have two names on your name tag: your families and the Lord's, honor them with your service."!! How cool is that!!?? It was awesome. and of course the language is coming easily to me!!! I want to know how much of google translate did you use to write your letter to me!!! just kidding!! keep me poseted about the election and sports!!
Mom:
Don't worry about me. even though i know you will be. I am eating everything i put on my plate (which is a lot) and I am actually kind of gaining weight!! maybe cause i dont spend 30 hours in a pool each week!  but my time is running low and know that i love you and think about you all the time and i can't wait to see you guys again!!! i love you and miss you keep me posted!! And send me an address book of everybody's addresses, not emails please!!!

Elder McKeon also sent an email to his second family from Loa.  Here is what he had to say to them:

Elletts!!
Como vaimos????  Or in Portuguese: How's it going???  Yup your right! I love it here and I love being a missionary!! The food is very different but I eat it all even if I don't like it to train for the mission field! Tell Maggie and Hannah good luck and that they'll stomp the competition! I don't know anything about musicals but I'm sure they're going to do a great job! And tell Jan that we had mashed potatoes here one night and I was so excited to eat them; took one bite and was sooo disappointed that they weren't Jan the Man's potatoes..... it made me soooo sad... But when I get back, first night in Loa I'll be expecting a big ol pot of mashed taters!!! And Mary, I know that if Loa wants the BEST postmaster, they're gonna pick you, and if they don't then its their loss and they're pretty dang stupid.... I love you and miss you all!!
Elder McKeon

No comments:

Post a Comment