Current Mailing Address

Current Mailing Address

Elder Howard Derek McKeon
Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Acu, 229
Belenzinho
03171-020 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Friday, September 14, 2012

He made it to Brazil!

Elder McKeon made it safe and sound to the CTM (MTC in Portuguese) in Brazil!  His president contacted the family to let us know that he had made it.  This is the group that entered the CTM with him.




We received an email from Elder McKeon last week.  Here is what he had to say:

Oi familia!!!
Como vai?  I love it here in Brazil!!  I can't believe how weird it is being here in a different country.  I fall asleep every night looking out our 5th story window looking at the massive city that's Sao Paulo.  I can't even describe how big this city is.  I am just going to email you mom and you can show the rest of the family.  But I love the mission life! My other companion is Elder Glover and he's great.  But the living conditions are, I think way better than when I was at home!!! But its like a dorm room at BYU except the sheets smell like they're from 1972.... but ya the food is different, but I eat it all, believe it or not Mom, I EAT IT ALL, and its pretty good, I'm really enjoying rice and beans!!! I also have 2 Brazilian roommates and they are amazing! They teach me Portuguese and I teach them English.  They say I am pretty good at Portuguese for only learning it about a week! My teachers are awesome and I got a letter from Alex Lysenko!! One of her teachers is now one of my teachers! How about that?? But yes the days are long and and the work is hard but it is very rewarding.  I love it so much.  Today (wednesday 9\5\2012) was a P-day, and we walked all around the 3 blocks of our area, I spoke with a bunch of Brazilians and they said I also am pretty good at Portuguese too!!! So look out Brazil here comes Elder McKeon!! This past Sunday was Fast Sunday and that was tough because we started fasting Saturday afternoon and we didn't eat until Sunday.... that was the longest fast I've ever done. But it was great! Tell Kirk that I wish I was there to see him dominate on the field! Tell him to rip the heads off of the DO punks!! And tell him to keep working hard and to never stop no matter what, that's what I've learned here in the CTM (here its called the CTM Centro de Trainimento Missonario!) And tell Rylee that she'll get better she just needs get used to running with older kids I know she'll do the absolute best in XC. Tell Dad that when we talk at Christmas I'll be able to speak to him in pretty good Portuguese!!! I've registered for this service called Mission Ties and it is kind of like Dear Elder but faster, I will write a letter then send it to the Mission Ties office, they'll scan the letter into the computer and then email it to you!! I gave them Dad's email address because he checks his the most often.  I don't know if it will cost anything but its cheap I hear.  This first one is free and we'll see how it works ok?? Well my time is about up and i miss all of you and I can't wait to hear from you!!  Letters take about a week to a week and a half to get here so don't get mad if I take long to respond ok?  Well I need to to go!!! I love you!!!
Love,
Elder McKeon 

No comments:

Post a Comment