Current Mailing Address

Current Mailing Address

Elder Howard Derek McKeon
Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Acu, 229
Belenzinho
03171-020 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter in Brazil

Hey everyone! 

I hope you all had a great Easter, I know I did!

This past week has been pretty good. At Church this past Sunday we confirmed those people we baptized last week: Luiz and Katia, Natanael, and Mayara. It was such a great day at Church, especially since it was Easter!  Marcelo confirmed his brother-in-law Natanael and we did the rest. It was such a spiritual meeting and we had the Stake President there and he told us that we were doing a great job and that we need to keep it up. 



We need to find more people to teach though because we baptized everyone in our teaching group. Now we have been asking for references and making contacts like crazy.

This time of year is so special to remember that our Savior was resurrected and we can too. Everyone will be resurrected and our bodies and Spirits will come together and never separate again, except this time our bodies will be glorified and perfected. I know this to be true. I teach this concept all the time and my testimony has grown immensley and I am so glad that He made that unbearable sacrifice for us. He didn't just suffer for our sins, but he passed through EVERYTHING that we will pass through in this life. The sorrow, the pain, the sins are a big part too, but whenever we are going through a difficult time and we think, "Why me? Why am I alone?" you can't say that, that is a lie, because our Lord went through it as well and He is right next to us holding us up and supporting us. 



I am so glad to have this opportunity to teach these wonderful people of Brasil and I love them so much. With Conference coming up I can't wait to hear the words of our Living Prophet and the Apostles. It is such a blessing to have that kind of guidance in our lives and we need, not should, listen to them and what they have to teach us.



I love you all and miss you so much! I keep you all in my prayers and fasts! (and I do that a lot!)

Love,

Elder McKeon

No comments:

Post a Comment