To answer your questions:
1. I love my Presidente Ferrin! He is such a great man and he is the absolute best Mission Presidente ever! He is so wise and humble and he knows how to work.
2. I live kind of far from the mission office, it's like an 1.5 hour bus ride, which is not fun.
3. Yes we have a Zone meeting and District meeting every monday night. We have to make an hour walk to get there.
4. And a normal day? Well, not every day is normal. There's always some adventure thrown in there, but it usually goes a little something like this:
- 6:30 Wake up dead tired. I have never been so tired in all my life than now on the mission.
- 7:00 Make breakfast. Yes, I make my own breakfast and everything! It is usually eggs and crackers and juice or something simple.
- 8-10:00 is study study study! Right now Presidente Ferrin has the whole mission reading the Livro de Mormon at the same time and we read a chapter a day and I love it!
Already gone through one journal...
- 10:00-11:00 is Language study which consists of singing in Português and just talking, talking, talking.
- 11:00-9:00 p.m. work, work, work, work, and oh yeah, more work!!! Whether it be making contacts, visiting an investigator, or whatever.
- 9:00-10:00 We plan for the next day.
But as for this week, we were supposed to have a baptism yesterday (yes we have baptisms here on Sundays), but it fell because the man, José Carlos's wife had her baby on Saturday at 11:00 in the morning. I was super happy that little Guilherme came into the world happy, healthy and screaming, but super bummed that we couldn't baptize José. He is such a great man. He is going to be such a great addition to the Church!
The Zone leaders were pretty tired.
We also had this father and son come to Church this past week and they are so great and humble. I love them to death. His name is Luiz and the son is Matheus. They are both reading in the Livro de Mormon and have both received an answer that it is true and that it has to come from God! How great is that? However, Luiz drinks and smokes, so we'll have to help him get over that so he can be baptized. He went to Church with us and man did he love it. He even went up the speakers after and told them thanks and he said he learned so much and he felt so good when he was there, so I know that this Gospel will only bless his life even more!
On his way to an appointment
We have this other family we are teaching. We were walking home late one night and this drunk guy just comes out of nowhere and starts chatting up a storm with us and would not shut up! He smelled really bad and he just kept repeating the same thing over and over again and I just wanted to go home and sleep. But i said to myself, "This is your brother, he needs your help, so pay attention to his needs." I did exactly that and now they are going to church this next week (they couldn't go yesterday because it was his mom's birthday) but they have accepted baptism and everything. It's him, Sydney, his son Artur, and his wife, Yari. The dad drinks, but wants to stop, the mom smokes and drinks coffee and knows it's bad and wants to stop as well. So we're setting goals with them and they are such a great family!
A swing in Gopouva park.
Anyways, thats whats going on in my world. I love hearing from you guys and I love you guys so much and I pray for you always.