Current Mailing Address

Current Mailing Address

Elder Howard Derek McKeon
Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Acu, 229
Belenzinho
03171-020 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Monday, February 11, 2013

Busy, busy, busy!

Derek didn't have a lot of time today to email, but here is what he said:

Hey guys!!! 

Well, I'm going to have to write this email dang fast because I only have 20 minutes left on my account, so I apologize if this email is too short for your liking.

I am doing great here!! The ankle is doing fine and everything is getting better! Funny story happened today (P-day) I was de-frosting our freezer, and when I say de-frosting, I mean taking a knife and stabbing/prying the 5 inch thick ice in our freezer. When I was hitting it in the back of the freezer the knife slipped and then all I hear is a "hssssssssssss" and all this steam/gas stuff is shooting out of the back! My companion comes in and yells, "Open the door! I think that's gas!" So I threw open our door, opened all the windows and unplugged the fridge... So now we can't turn on our fridge because it will shoot gas out if we do. My bad.... 

The work is going forward! We have a baptism set up for this Sunday the 17th. His name is José Carlos and I have been working with this guy ever since I got here and he has been a handful, but man he is going to be such a great addition to the Church! I love him so much, he is such a great guy! We had to help him get married legally so that he wouldn't break the law of Chastity, and his wife is an inactive member but she's coming back to church and is pregnant and is due the end of this month. The whole family is legit! He is a great guy and he is going to be a great dad for this wonderful family! 

We have a bunch more people we are teaching and they look promising. We have 3 more families and there will be a lot more baptisms coming up by the end of this month! It's so great here!! 

Dad, the name of my area is Continental in the city of Guarulhos. 

Can you guys believe that I have already been gone for 6 months?? It will be 6 months exactly on the 29th of this month... man time has FLOWN by. I cannot believe how fast it has gone by. I am so happy to be serving the Lord in his Vineyard of Brazil. I am reading in Jacob 5 right now and its all about the Allegory of the Olive Tree... and I'm not saying i am a scriptorian, but I can now read the scriptures like nobody's business in English AND Portuguese. I love being a missionary!

I love you guys and pray for you always.

Love, 

Elder McKeon

No comments:

Post a Comment