Current Mailing Address

Current Mailing Address

Elder Howard Derek McKeon
Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Acu, 229
Belenzinho
03171-020 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Monday, April 14, 2014

Hard Week

Hey everybody!

This week was pretty hard.

To start, it was so hot this week. I don't know why since we should be enjoying the winter season down here, but it seems like it's just getting hotter and hotter. I have my scriptures in my backpack and every time we stop and teach somebody, I pull out my scriptures and they are all wet from my sweat...

This week was kind of hard because the zone had 5 baptisms scheduled that we felt were FIRM! They were going to happen no matter what, and we felt like nothing could stop these people from getting baptized. Then when I called all of the areas to get the numbers for the week, only 1 person was baptized. My companion and I were a little discouraged, especially since we had to cut a family from our list of investigators because they weren't progressing. It was just a bad thing on top of another bad thing. During church I was praying hard to know what I need to do as a leader to help my zone have success. I haven't received an answer, but I am praying, studying, and fasting to find out what more I can do.

We also have transfers tomorrow, which is really sad because I feel like I will be transferred but I want to finish my mission here in Taubaté. We will receive a phone call tonight to find out what is going to happen and then we leave tomorrow morning for São Paulo.

I love you all and hope that you are doing great. I pray for you always. I love you and hope you have a great week!

Love,

Elder McKeon

No comments:

Post a Comment