Current Mailing Address

Current Mailing Address

Elder Howard Derek McKeon
Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Acu, 229
Belenzinho
03171-020 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Warm Water and Baptisms!

Hey everybody,

Well, I am loving this area so much! We had two baptisms this week! We baptized the children of Irmã Roberta. It was probably the most perfect baptism I have had on my mission. EVERYONE came for the baptism, we even had people outside of the church looking through the windows to watch it. We had the primary sing, "Nephi's Courage," for Gabriel and the Moças sang a hymn that I didn't know for Geovanna. It was great! Their mom was crying along with a ton of members. Everyone was bearing their testimony and it was fantastic. The Spirit was so strong and I am so thankful it was because Roberta´s husband, José, isn't a member of the Church. I know that he felt something at the baptism, even though he didn't say anything, but I know the Spirit touched his heart in seeing all of these people support his family. In other news, it was my FIRST baptism on my mission where the water was WARM haha. They have a hard time getting warm water here, so it was cool to finally have warm water for a baptism.

The weather is a little strange right now. Summer technically ended last week, but it is still hot until about 5:30 and then it pours rain every evening.

I also love this area because the members here are really excited about missionary work. Instead of us having to ask them to help with family nights and lessons with investigators, they are asking us to assist them in their missionary experiences. It's so great to be a part of this marvelous work.

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week! Tchau!

Love,

Elder McKeon

No comments:

Post a Comment