Current Mailing Address

Current Mailing Address

Elder Howard Derek McKeon
Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Acu, 229
Belenzinho
03171-020 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Singin' in the rain!!

Feliz Natal!!!!!!!!!!

Well this week, it was a rough week for me. I was a little sick, and it hurt to work, on top of all that it was POURING rain one day and we were wet ALL day.  It was hard for me, but we worked through it and we got to all of our appointments and talked to a lot of good new people.  It was great because we were so wet that it didn't matter if we got splashed by a bus, or if we stepped into a mid-calf deep puddle, it wasn't going to affect us.  So I was just screaming through this rain storm running and singing the song "I'm Singing in the Rain"!!!!!!  It was really fun, but this past Sunday, I woke up and felt so horrible, I threw up in the shower.  We decided that we would go get our investigators to church and then we'd go back home so I could sleep.  On the way to church it was still pouring down rain.  It was also the day that the Corinthians (a soccer team from São Paulo) was playing for the championship game in Japan against Chelsea.  So when they, the Corinthians, scored, the whole city blew up with fireworks and everybody was yelling "VAI CORINTHIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  It was really funny to hear and see these old fat guys ripping off their shirts and yelling and throwing chairs it was pretty funny. 

Elder McKeon with his Christmas presents.

I am feeling much better so don't worry about me, I haven't gotten either very good at curing myself, or just sucking it up and working, either or its working!

Elder McKeon sitting on a toilet found in the trash.

We just had a couple married and they should be getting baptized here pretty soon.  We have this family that's struggling, but we know that they like the message, and they need to hear it, but they're being difficult to make contact with.  I pray for them all the time and hopefully, something will happen in the future.  I know that I need to be here, I am doing the Lord's work here and these wonderful people are so warm and accepting and they are so ready to hear this message.  I know that we can help them and all we need to do is open our mouths. Dad told me 2 things: we were in the bow of the boat out on Folsom Lake, one of the last times before I left.  He said, "Derek, if you do 2 things on your mission, you need to obey, and open your mouth"  I've been trying to do these things, and I've prayed for the strength that I know I need to do this work.

One of the streets in his mission.

Love,

Elder McKeon

No comments:

Post a Comment