Current Mailing Address

Current Mailing Address

Elder Howard Derek McKeon
Brazil Sao Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Acu, 229
Belenzinho
03171-020 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

Monday, November 26, 2012

2 in 1

Due to Thanksgiving, I did not update Elder McKeon's blog last week.  Here are the last two emails he sent home!

Monday, November 26th:

Hey!!! Guess what!!!!????

I'VE HAD 4 BAPTISMS IN THE FIRST 4 WEEKS OF MY MISSION!!!!

I've been here for a month and I've already baptized 4 people into this wonderful Church! I love each and every one of these people here! You have already seen the pictures of the first 2 baptisms, but the last 2 are the daughter and granddaughter of Marcia de Lima, my first baptism! It's so cool to see these families being blessed by the Gospel. I love being a missionary!!! Anyways.... how was Thanksgiving? It was very sad for me not being there to enjoy you guys and to eat turkey... but we get to Skype this Christmas!!! Speaking of this, I need one of you guys to set up a new Skype account for me. And we also need to set up a time to do this, are Carlie and Porter going to be with the family this year? Or down in Loa? If they're there with you guys, then we'll just talk, but if they're in Loa, then ill have to Skype them later after you guys. How is everything? Have you gotten my letters to the ward and stuff? Also, I'm picking up some cool things here for you guys as presentes de Natal!! They're going to be pretty cool, you'll love them!!! 



This is where Elder McKeon lives.

Mom!! You're Birthday is coming up! I'll write you a letter this week ok? Then well see how your party went next week! I'm sure dad and the kids have an awesome plan for you on your big day!! I know you deserve it!!

Things here are going great! The work is progressing, I'm learning better Português daily and I love these people so very much! They are some of the kindest most loving people you will ever find. They are so caring and love to talk to you and want to know more about you and your family. I've been in countless situations of extreme poverty and the family will still try to give us something for what were doing and I always try to say no, but these people really do love the Church and the work were doing that they will NOT take no for an answer. These people are amazing and I love them with all of my heart.

Me and my companion are doing alright. We teach together and we know how to bring people to the Gospel!! I know we will continue to do well here in Continental, Guarulhos!

I love you guys and miss you and hope all is well in all that you are doing! You are always in my prayers (and let me tell you, as a missionary, you pray A LOT) so you know that you are always with me! I love you more than words can describe!

Your elder!

Elder McKeon


The beautiful Sao Paulo sunset!

Monday, November 19th:

Hi Family!


My address is

Elder Howard Derek McKeon
Brazil São Paulo East Mission
Rua Caa-Açu, 229
Belenzinho
03171-020 São Paulo - SP
Brazil
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you get my letter? I sent it last week but I don't know how long it takes to get there.  PARA BEMS PRA VOCÊ!  I can't believe you are 21 years old!  That is incredible!


This email is a shout out to my very first best friend in this life.
The first thing that I remember of us together is playing shark in my room in So Cal during bath time, and us playing at night in our room when mom and dad thought we were asleep.  Whether it was speeding to get to seminary on time as I read you AP US History, or sneaking into dances, we were always there for each other.  Whenever I needed help you were always there, no matter what it was that I needed.  We would always watch scary movies upstairs and you would come into my room cause you were too scared to sleep alone.  Looking back, I thought it was annoying and funny, but now I cherish these memories.  Being here in Brasil and seeing all different kinds of people and places reminds me of how special my family is.  I've seen families that are so close and unified, and then I have seen other families that can't stand each other and that it would break my heart if we were ever like that.  I'm so grateful for our friendship.  As I write this email I'm crying in this internet cafe thinking of all our memories together and that this is your first birthday that I haven't been able to talk to you face to face or give you a call just to say how much I love you and wish you a phenomenal day cause you of all people deserve it.  I know that you might be super busy with school, work, and church but take just a couple of minutes for yourself and relax please!  I love you more than words can describe and I know that this email is nowhere near as good as your blog birthday posts about the rest of the family but I did want you to know how much you mean to me! I love you Carlie McKeon Ellett!


Gabriella, a new member of the Church!

ok, now that I've stopped crying, let me tell you about my week.  It was good...... just kidding it was amazing!  We were supposed to have two baptisms this past week but we only had one because one that was supposed to be baptized had to postpone it.  Her mom couldn't come to church because she had to do some reforms on her house.  We went to her house and asked if the workers needed help but they said no.  We re-scheduled the baptism for later that day and they said great.  We got a call while were teaching another investigator and her six year old son tells us that they can't come because her mom left to go buy something.  We were pretty bummed about that, but we had the other baptism to still prepare for and complete.  I learned that we can do everything we possibly can and it still sometimes it doesn't work out because that's what the enemy wants.  Shes getting baptized next week and we will help make sure she is prepared.  Along with her we think two others will also be ready but we'll see.  We have come into contact with two other families that seem really interested and we've given them copies of the Book of Mormon and they are progressing in such a big way!  I love this work and I'm trying so hard to be strictly obedient and serve the Lord. 

I love these people so much!  They will give anything and everything to us.  I have so many stories to tell and not enough time but I'll tell you guys at Christmas.  Yes dad, we get to Skype! We will go to a members home and we get all day to talk with you! Well do more communication in the future but just so you know, we get to skype!


Elder McKeon

No comments:

Post a Comment